By Charlene Dean
Having New Year’s Eve fall on a Monday isn’t exactly the best time to be out and about, especially for those having to work New Year’s day. However, those wishing to party will find local establishments more than willing to provide entertainment.
The PVT has compiled a list of places celebrating the season.
• Wulfy’s, on Highway 160, will clear the dance floor and make room for burning off some energy to the music of the Unflushables beginning at 9 p.m. There is no cover charge.
There will also be a free appetizer buffet at 11 p.m. There will be party favors and a champagne toast at midnight.
• The Maverick Saloon & Dance Hall on Mesquite Avenue is offering a party package which includes live music by Jimmy “D” and the Howlin’ Dawgs.
There will be a turkey dinner buffet featuring all the trimmings, party favors and a champagne toast. Tickets are $15 per person.
• The WonderBoogie Band will play the stagebar lounge in the Pahrump Nugget beginning at 9 p.m.
There will be a champagne toast at midnight and the Gold Miner Buffet will be open past midnight.
• The Longstreet Inn & Casino in Amargosa Valley is offering a two-night package which features a lobster tail and steak dinner with sides for two people and two nights of accommodations for $100. The celebration will feature the music of Hard Rain beginning at 9 p.m., Monday night. There will be a champagne toast. The group Too Smooth will perform from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. New Year’s Day to keep you partying.
• Valley Bar on Gamebird Road is adding this Monday evening karaoke to its entertainment. The singing begins at 7 p.m. and there will be snacks, party favors and a champagne toast.
• Everyone’s NCO Club across the parking lot from Paddy’s Pub is featuring live music, but a spokesperson was unable to tell the PVT who would be playing by press time. The entertainment will begin at 8 p.m.
There will be a champagne toast.
• Paddy’s Pub on Pahrump Valley Boulevard will host karaoke and a lively dance mix. It, too, will have a champagne toast.
• Who’s Dunes on Highway 372 will host Open Range karaoke with Tony Larson beginning at 7 p.m. The Kountry Kitchen restaurant next door will close at its regular time, 8 p.m.
There will be a champagne toast and party favors.
• The StageStop Lounge & Casino will host karaoke as well, beginning at 8 p.m. Sip champagne at midnight.