Another busy weekend is ahead and there should be no complaints of not having anything to do.
First up is something for the younger set. Three youth bands, Acoma Chyne, Air Drifter and Tonight We Fight will put on an outdoor concert tonight starting at 7 p.m.
Acoma Chyne’s Tyler Murphy said the concert will be held at 1531 S. Highway 160 at the location of the former Fleetwood Homes lot.
He said his band practices there and the back of the building is where members have built a stage.
Murphy said there will be merchandise vendors for all three bands and a barbecue.
Tickets are $5 in advance at Lowlife Tattoo on Loop Road and at the gate.
• There is a benefit poker run scheduled to help local bartender Kathy Williams with medical expenses.
Registration begins at 9 a.m. June 15 at the Hideaway on Pahrump Valley Boulevard. The cost is $25 for drivers and $15 for passengers.
Riders will collect a card there before traveling to Arnie’s Cocktail Lounge, the Short Branch Saloon, Maverick Saloon & Dance Hall, Stagestop Lounge & Casino and finally Sullivan’s Pub.
There will be music, raffles and an “amazing dinner” for all participants at Sullivan’s.
The high hand pays $150, low hand pays $75.
Other diners are welcome at Sullivan’s for a $15 buy-in.
• Lynn Peterson and the Phatt Kattz will be at Sanders Family Winery Saturday. Doors open at 6 p.m., show begins at dusk in the courtyard.
Tickets are $15.
June 22 Sanders Winery will feature The Tommy Thompson Project with blues singer Jeannie Snow. Call 727-1776 for advance tickets.
• The Maverick will be the place for the Huvz n Pawz fundraiser from noon to 7 p.m.
Proceeds benefit the rescue formed by Derrek and Audrey Bayer, who have been rescuing horses and other animals for several years.
There will be live entertainment, a fashion show auction and dinner. The meal will be $10. Call 513-1205 for more information.
• The WPRA Rodeo is happening at McCullough Arena Saturday as well. The afterparty will also be at the Maverick beginning at 7 p.m.
The rodeo proceeds benefit Britelite Cancer Foundation here. The organization helps those with cancer get to doctor and treatment appointments and helps with other expenses.
• Winners of the Best of Pahrump karaoke contest were Brenda Bolton from the American Bar; Bill Harcrow from the Maverick; and Valerie Farrar from Paddy’s Pub.
The contest culminated in a finale June 6 at the Maverick.
• Valley Cruisers are sponsoring an open cruise to Mt. Charleston on Saturday. Those with classic cars wanting to show them off can join other participants at 9 a.m. in the parking lot of Around the World Lodge, corner of Highway 160 and Simkins Road.
• Sunday, the Elks Lodge will host a combination Flag Day/Father’s Day celebration. The flag ceremony will begin at 11 a.m. with Boy Scout Troop 774 presenting the flags.
Dad’s day lunch will follow. The menu is chicken marsala with vegetables, a salad and dessert for $8.
R.S.V.P. to 751-2796. Elk fathers eat free.