It’s another busy weekend here with the All-American Country Show, bingo at Saddle West and a special effects flick at the park — all on tap.
• First up, a return performance by local favorites, Jack, Matt and Cole Reeves. The boys will bring their All-American Country Show to the Maverick.
There will be a show Friday and another on Saturday. Performances are scheduled from 8 p.m. to midnight both nights and tickets are on sale. Get them in advance for $8 or pay $10 at the door. Call 751-9988 for more information.
• Nathan Adelson Hospice will hold a fundraiser beginning at 6:30 p.m. tomorrow night at Saddle West Hotel & Casino in the showroom.
Bingo is the game and all proceeds will benefit the programs and services provided for Pahrump, Amargosa Valley and Crystal.
Tyann James said the entrance fee is $10 for a bundle of cards which come on 12 sheets, six cards to a sheet. The limit is three bundles.
There will also be raffles and some of the items up for grabs are yoga classes, Walmart gift cards, a chocolate basket, haircuts, lap blankets and more.
Prizes for the bingo winners are a quilt, Chihuly books, wine baskets, Scentsy baskets and more. The grand prize is an overnight stay at the South Point Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas which includes dinner and show tickets. James said the prize is worth about $400.
There will be food available.
The doors open at 6 p.m. and reservations are recommended as the room only seats 175.
Call 702-938-3910 to make yours.
• A cool movie released last fall will be on the big inflatable screen in Ian Deutch Park Saturday.
“Life of Pi” is an adventure flick about a tragedy that leaves a boy and a Bengal tiger as roommates on a raft in the middle of nowhere. It’s either work together or perish.
The movie starts at dusk and attendees are asked to leave the coolers at home as concessions are available and proceeds benefit Trojan sports.
Do bring chairs or blankets. The event is tobacco, alcohol and drug-free.
• The Writers’ Circle will gather from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Off 160 Coffee House, 1330 S. Highway 160, in Beverly Plaza to share information on getting published, writing techniques and a discussion of genres.
• NyE Communities Coalition will host a community yard sale to benefit NyECC’s Community Outreach Crisis Intervention program which aid those in need with one-time assistance for propane, electric bills, rent or other emergencies.
It will be accepting donations from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today, and from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Saturday.
The sale will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the NyECC Campus, 1021 E. Wilson Road.
Call 910-9995 for more information.