Business Profile: Melissa Cain

Melissa Cain

The Mustard Seed Cottage

1230 S, Loop Road, Suite, 4

775-505-4081

Thursday-Saturday

11 a.m.-4 p.m.

Background: “I am from Pahrump and moved away for a bit and then came back. My shop is a furniture and home decor shop where we take old furniture – reloved furniture, and restore it. I do this business with two other people, Theresa Martin and Jenny Wilkinson. I met them all homeschooling our kids. We love old farmhouses and we love reusing old things to decorate the home. I learned to do a lot of the painting of furniture through hands on and hard work, and of course trial and error.”

Personal: “I love to paint to relax. I would get away to the garage and turn on some music while I paint.”

First job: “I worked for Jo’s Pizza when it was around.”

Business Climate: “We do a lot of crafty things with old signs and things that you may find in Hobby Lobby. Jenny makes handcrafted soaps, candles, jewelry and essential oils. We just opened on June 24. We hope to fill a niche here in Pahrump and be cheaper than going to Vegas. I feel Pahrump is more than old thrift stores and garage sales. We intend to have craft classes to show people what they can do with their old things to decorate their houses. Our business is inspired by Pinterest. ”

Note: The business profile is a free service to the business community. If you would like to be profiled, contact Vern Hee at vhee@pvtimes.com or call 775-727-5102, ext. 13.

Exit mobile version