Business profile: Pahrump area’s Karla Ely

Karla Ely

Karla Ely Glass

775-400-9689

Years in business: 24

Background: “I am a glass fuser. I fuse together cut pieces of glass. I can make different things from art to objects. I make a lot of night lights for people. People like my lights where I use their pet ashes in the light if they want a light that is used to remember their pets. I also make lights with an image of their pet or likeness of their pet. The fused glass is about an inch thick. Again, the items can be art or functional. I have made glass sinks, light fixtures and even house numbers for your address.”

First job: “My first job was running a paper route as a teen. I bought a bike with that money because my parents were not into enabling their kids.”

Personal: “I never relax. I am one of those people that is way too busy to relax. I like to say I am an active participant in life rather than a spectator. I work from home 30 hours a week and don’t get to relax. If I get a chance to relax, I enjoy being out in nature.”

Business climate: “I intend on building this business on the tourist trade. I want to capitalize on all the European tourists coming to town. I might even go to Tecopa and sell there too.”

Note: The business profile is a free service to the business community. If you would like to be profiled, contact Vern Hee at vhee@pvtimes.com or call 775-727-5102, ext. 13.

Exit mobile version