In profile: Cindi Vroenen

General Issue USA, 150 S. Highway 160, 775-513-7777

Background: “I got into this business because our own family has been so involved with the military. We have four children and all of them have served. My son Michael has 16 years with the military and is the only one still serving. My other son Gary was in the Navy and my son Matthew served in the Air Force. Our only daughter served with the Navy. Our business started in Barstow where we have had a store there for 15 years. Our store in Pahrump has been going strong for 2 years. I have lived in this town since 2006 and I run the store here with my husband George.

Years in business: “We have been operating a store like this for 17 years.”

First job: “I was a cashier for a car dealer in Huntington Beach, California when I was 16.”

Personal: “When I am not working, I like to play cards and go out and have a nice juicy steak. I also like to sleep. We do work a lot and that means we are always tired because we do so much custom work.”

Business Climate: “The business climate in Pahrump for this kind of business is great, because there are so many veterans in this area. We are so honored to serve so many veterans. We have so many ex and retired military in our area and that keeps us going. I think we are one of the few companies that do engraving. We do a lot of custom clothing items like vests, $5.99 military ball caps (special), coats and plaques and shadow boxes. In Pahrump I think our company holds its own because of our niche.”

Note: The business profile is a free service that the PVT provides to the business community of Pahrump. If you would like to be profiled or know of a business that should be profiled, contact Vern Hee at 775-727-5102 or at vhee@pvtimes.com.

Exit mobile version