In Profile: Evan Thompson

Evan Thompson

Long Ch-uan Kung Fu 775-537-8857

Background: “I started teaching kung fu in 2010. It took me four years to earn my black sash. I love martial arts and started with other arts while in the Marine Corps in 1986. I was in the Marines for 10 years from 1981 until 1991. I was in the Gulf War and was a tanker. I earned my first black sash from Sifu Glen Bullock and my second in tai chi from Sifu Steven Baugh at the Lohan School in Las Vegas.”

First job: “My first job was when I enlisted as a U.S. Marine.”

Personal: “I love to ride my Ninja motorcycle when I am not working. I have a Ninja 650. I also like to go off road when I can.”

Business climate: “For me, kung fu is not a business. I like to pass it on and enjoy teaching it. It’s a passion for me. Taking kung fu, one can improve your health and learn to defend yourself. Each individual does it for different reasons. This takes time and you learn only by doing. I will even teach a class for free so a person can see if it’s for him.”

Note: The business profile is a free service that the PVT provides to the business community of Pahrump. If you would like to be profiled or know of a business that should be profiled, contact Vern Hee at 775-727-5102 or at vhee@pvtimes.com.

Exit mobile version