In Profile: Kristine Miller-Anderson

Kristine

Miller-Anderson

Neverland Nursery and Navigational Academy

3201 Zephyr Ave.

702-444-6614

Years in business: “I have been doing this for 5 years.”

Background: “I grew up in this business. My mother did day care for 41 years. I got into it because my son is three and it’s easy to be a stay-at-home mom and do this. Right now I can take up to four kids. At the moment, I am not state regulated, but I have all my state certifications, CPR and first aid. I was the assistant director at Carousel in town. I did that for eight months. So basically I have worked on and off in day care. I worked other jobs like being a dispatcher and working for Harley Davidson, where I was a parts supervisor for 10 years.”

Personal: “I have four kids so I have no time to myself. When I do, I like to go camping, walk and dance. I also like to go shooting.”

First job: “My first job was probably working for my mother doing day care and then I got a job working in an ice cream shop.”

Business Climate: “There is a great demand for day care in Pahrump. When I checked there were only two day cares in Pahrump. People who work night and swing shifts don’t really have anywhere to put their children. There is a big need for certified people out here. There is one place out here that has a 33-person wait list. Eventually, I want to expand and go up over 12 kids, but that takes time, money and patience.”

Exit mobile version