Team still working for first league win

The Trojans boys team dropped their last two games. They lost to Clark on Tuesday 9-1 and to Western on Thursday 7-0.

This means the boys soccer team is still struggling to get their first league win, but that doesn’t have Trojans coach Wes Icard discouraged, despite the two bad losses this past week.

“I am not frustrated at all,” he said. “I want my guys to learn from teams like this Clark team, which is the best team they have faced all year long. This Clark team is crisp on point and they communicate well with each other. Communication in soccer is big and I feel this is the root of our problems.”

He said his team is learning to talk to each other and says it’s a process.

“We are still young and not mature as a team,” Icard said. “It takes time to learn to pass under pressure. We are still at a lower level trying to get better. The team is learning to stay calm under pressure.”

The coach feels the team can compete with most of the teams with the exception of Clark and Western and will be trying for their first league win at Spring Valley today at 3 p.m. They are at home against Sierra Vista on Friday at 3 p.m.

Contact reporter Vern Hee at vhee@pvtimes.com. Follow @vernheepvt on Twitter.

Exit mobile version