54°F
weather icon Clear

Community

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $16 million.

Support Meetings

Gamblers Anonymous

Anniversary

Local couple celebrates 63 years

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $15 million.

THE LATEST
School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Feb. 3 – Feb. 7.

Pahrump gearing up for hot air balloon fest

Pahrump Chamber of Commerce officials are urging local families to mark their calendars for the first weekend in March as they prepare for the inaugural Pahrump Balloon Festival.

Tips for a frugal and fabulous Super Bowl party

If you’re like the 108 million people who watched last year’s Super Bowl, this Sunday will find you gathering with friends and family for Super Bowl 2014 and I think that calls for a party! In fact, according to the Department of Agriculture Super Bowl Sunday is the number two food consumption event of the year, second only to Thanksgiving.

The other alligator: A fishing trip to Georgia

The rod tip bumped, but my guide cautioned, “Let him take it some more and then set the hook when it makes a significant dip towards the water.” I waited, then another bump on the line, baited with a live three-inch bream. I waited.

Big Game sets the stage for a party

Super Bowl Sunday is a great excuse to get together with friends, eat good food, have a few drinks and watch the game. All those things can be done at home, if you don’t want to go out. If you’re one of those people who thrives on the excitement of a little good-natured rivalry, there are plenty of businesses throwing parties on Sunday.

TNSTAAFL: ‘There’s no such thing as a free lunch’

Always a voracious reader, only one science fiction writer ever made my favorites list. Robert Heinlein’s “thing” was to introduce a new word in each of his books.

Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

Death Valley National Park co-hosts stargazing nights

DEATH VALLEY, Calif.—Death Valley National Park and the Las Vegas Astronomical Society (LVAS) will co-host a stargazing opportunity on Friday, Jan. 31 and Saturday, Feb.1 from 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.

1 258 259 260 261 262 285