82°F
weather icon Clear

Community

Filmmaker selected for Death Valley artist residency

The National Parks Arts Foundation awarded an art residency in Death Valley to Hannah Jayanti of New York. Jayanti is a filmmaker from Brooklyn, who stayed in Stovepipe Wells from Jan. 6 to Jan. 31 to complete a documentary film about the area.

Sweets for your sweetie this Valentine’s Day

How does this sound? Chocolate bar ravioli. Crispy on the outside, melty gooey on the inside and served with a drizzle of chocolate syrup or ice cream. Yes, please! This fast and easy dessert is done in literally 15 minutes from start to finish. Be careful as you’ll be frying these in hot oil. It’s not a recipe for the kiddies.

IN PROFILE: Michael Kincade

BUSINESS:

California Lottery

One ticket matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto, with a payout of $14 million. The next jackpot will be at least $7 million.

Support Meetings

Support Meetings

THE LATEST
PUPFISH KEEP ON SWIMMING: Devil’s Hole Pupfish teetering on edge of extinction

Millions of dollars have been spent to study and preserve an ancient fish that lives on the brink of extinction. Money continues to be spent with no expressed quantifiable goal, although biologists and aquaculturists are amassing data that they hope will have broad implications.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $14 million.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Feb. 9 – Feb. 13

Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

Here’s how to raise a vegetable-loving kid

I haven’t mastered the art of parenting. Not even close. But I say with pride my kids love their veggies.

Shadow Mountain Community Players: Good eats with a twist of mystery

The Shadow Mountain Community Players (SMCP) opens its season with the dinner play “The Hollow” by Agatha Christie. The play is being held at the New Hope Fellowship on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 6, 7, 13, 14, 20 and 21. The dinner is Mexican style. Doors open with the dinner served at 6 p.m. The play begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $17.50 per person.

1 215 216 217 218 219 285