69°F
weather icon Clear

Community

No band at the Nugget this weekend, Grape Stomp is on

Although a lot of entertainment is on the calendar for this weekend, the one that is not would be live music at the Pahrump Nugget Stagebar Lounge.

Let’s make almost Mom’s cabbage roll soup

My Mom made the best cabbage rolls. I can almost taste them as I think of them, savory and meaty with layers of flavor. Seasoned beef with juicy tomato and tender rice, each wrapped like a precious gift in pale green cabbage leaves. Braised to perfection in delicate tomato sauce that was often made from tomatoes she would can herself.

Being a ‘secret shopper’ sounds like fun

Secret shoppers are the people who get paid to go to retail stores, restaurants, car dealerships and more, pose as customers, ask questions and rat out rude sales people if it’s deserved.

THE LATEST
Rust to artwork, homebuilder finds new talent

The old saying, “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure” could certainly hold true for Chuck Richman.

Rotary has the best odds in town and a party, too

The Pahrump Valley Rotary Club hosts its 2014 Cash Extravaganza at Mountain Falls banquet hall from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 12. Someone will walk away $10,000 richer.

Young Eagles Rally leads some to aviation careers

Ever wondered what the sky and ground look like from a little airplane? Perhaps that view isn’t possible unless it involved deep pockets and bank loans. Another option exists Saturday morning as the Young Eagles Rally takes to the air for free airplane flights right here in Pahrump.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $9 million.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Oct. 6 – Oct. 10

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Saturday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $8 million.

Support Meetings

Support Meetings

1 229 230 231 232 233 285