66°F
weather icon Clear

Community

Fall Festival through Sunday, Luau in Tecopa tomorrow

The Fall Festival tops the activities this weekend, but there are other celebrations and fundraisers happening from here to Tecopa.

You can decant: Turn bottles into decor

We’re always looking for ways to add beauty and elegance our homes. Although those concepts usually come with a hefty price tag, I have an easy idea that costs next to nothing but gives you big bang for your decorating buck. Simply decant your purchased items into beautiful bottles or containers.

DVNP waives entrance fees Sept. 27

Death Valley, Calif. — Death Valley National Park will offer free entrance on Saturday, Sept. 27, 2014 for National Public Lands Day. The 21st annual event encourages everyone to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors.

Sharks targeting the victims

In this day and age of Internet communication, your mailbox is likely filled with the occasional utility bill and stacks of visually appealing advertisements that tend to reach out, grab you around the throat and shout “Buy me, buy me!”

THE LATEST
Kiwanis laughter returns to Sanders Winery

“Laughter Under The Stars” comedy show appears at Sanders Family Winery Friday and Saturday, Sept. 26th and 27th. The show is sold out for tonight but Saturday’s performance still has tickets available at $20 per person. The gates open at 6 p.m. The show begins at 7:30 p.m. People are invited to bring a picnic or snacks. The winery offers free wine tasting.

California Lottery

One ticket matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto, with a payout of $11 million. The next jackpot will be at least $7 million.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Sept. 29 – Oct. 3

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Saturday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $11 million.

Support Meetings

Gamblers Anonymous

Tecopa hosts luau fundraiser next Saturday

While most organizational fundraisers got the jump on the Fall Festival set for next week, one nonprofit is going head-to-head at Tecopa Hot Springs Resort.

1 230 231 232 233 234 285