54°F
weather icon Mostly Cloudy

Community

I’m cuckoo for cookie cutters!

Are you crazy about cookie cutters? Me too! If you’re like most people, you probably have a ton of cookie cutters that don’t see much action. I don’t make cookies that require cutting very often but that doesn’t mean I don’t use my cookie cutters.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Sept. 15 – Sept. 19

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $8 million.

California Lottery

One ticket matched all five numbers and the mega number in Saturday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto, with a payout of $16 million. The next jackpot will be at least $7 million.

THE LATEST
Support Meetings

Support Meetings

Try crossing a zucchini with a waffle maker

As we approach the end of summer, one thing remains constant — those zucchini keep on producing. Is it considered bad form to start leaving them in people’s cars? I mean, if they leave their doors unlocked, of course.

DIAMOND SHINES: Tech savvy and creativity launch massive project

t’s a perfect combination for getting a big project with high expectations off of the ground when you pair the husband and wife team of Bob Lauder and Patti Diamond.

Local youth making strides toward film career

Noah Begin was born in Manchester, N.H. At the age of 5, he and his family moved to Maine. While attending elementary school there, he took part in the school’s plays. In 2007, at the age of 11, he and his family moved to Pahrump.

Insurance: Comparing apples to apples – Part 1

We live in an economic culture of “How much will it cost me a month?” Ask any car dealer, appliance salesman or loan broker. Purchasers are primarily concerned with the payment amount, and secondarily concerned with exactly what they are buying. I am often stunned by this phenomenon as it relates to insurance.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $25 million.

1 232 233 234 235 236 285