58°F
weather icon Cloudy

Community

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $25 million.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Saturday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $13 million.

Support Meetings

Support Meetings

THE LATEST
CRUISIN’ FOR CASH: Local nonprofit works quietly to benefit the community

good number of charity organizations have branches here. Some are affiliated with national or regional chapters and most try to keep the funds in the community. One group, Pahrump Valley Cruisers, is a nonprofit organization with strict guidelines for spending money.

CASA holds its first annual luau at Wine Ridge pool

Court appointed Special Advocates (CASA) adds Luau to its fundraisers. The event will be held at the poolside of Wine Ridge Peak RV Resort next to the Pahrump Valley Winery Saturday, Sept. 13, beginning at 7 p.m. Admission is $45 per person.

Blending old ideas with new technology

A few weeks ago I took a wrong turn — and entered a strange universe. Fifteen thousand attendees strong, it looked like a mixture of nerds, bikers, extreme gamers, Stanford valedictorians, wild-haired street people and a dead-ringer for NCIS’s Abbie.

Care to join me in a pickle-making project?

My family still lives in my childhood home in Portland, Ore. One of the perks of the family home is its proximity to a bountiful farmer’s market just out the back gate and across the alley.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Sept. 2 – Sept. 5

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $14 million.

Support Meetings

Support Meetings

1 233 234 235 236 237 285