57°F
weather icon Partly Cloudy

Community

Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

Why I’m passionate about pillowcases

Pillowcases are available at yard sales, thrift stores and clearance racks for next to nothing. Chances are you have some you never use sitting in your linen closet right now. Next time you see a pillowcase, I hope you see endless possibilities. Here are 11 ideas to get you started.

THE LATEST
Local musicians volunteer for fundraiser

The HUBB Saloon will host a fundraiser for the Southern Inyo Fire Protection District (SIFPD) on Saturday, June 21, from 10 a.m until 8 p.m. Musicians will donate their time and talents for this upcoming event, which is free to the public.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $14 million.

Further education: PhD, MBA, YJGS and MGGL

One of the drawbacks of a career in victim advocacy and fraud investigation — mixed with a heavy dose of journalism — is that I see lots of bad things.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $13 million.

Dublin Gulch subject of museum lecture

The Pahrump Valley Museum and Historical Society will host its next lecture in the series Saturday, June 14 with Susan Sorrells as the guest speaker talking about the Dublin Gulch Caves and their history.

A Father’s Day ‘You’re my Hero’ picnic

It’s hard to decide what to do for Dad every year. Especially if money is tight, and let’s be honest, many of us are so tight we squeak! But dear old Dad’s special day doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Here’s a frugal but fantastically fun picnic inspired by our hero, Dad.

1 241 242 243 244 245 285