82°F
weather icon Clear

Community

Sanders Winery participates in sesquicentennial commemorative

As Nevada celebrates 150 years of statehood, various localities are offering commemorative events or souvenirs for the occasion. Sanders Family Winery was asked by the Nevada Tourism Commission to participate with a special bottling of one of its wines.

THROUGH THE EYE OF HISTORY: Does looking back mark the path to a better future?

The world we human beings live in seems to be made up of three primary constituents: matter/energy in all its many forms, time, and space. I say “seems” because the picture of the universe that physicists have constructed over the last 50 years — what has been called “the mighty cathedral of theoretical physics” (Scientific American, May 2014), where space and time are entangled and subatomic particles rule the roost — bears no resemblance to the world in which we mortals spend our lives. Matter/energy, space and time are the foundation of our world.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $62 million.

THE LATEST
School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of May 12 – May 16

Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $60 million.

Watermelon Agua Fresca: For Cinco de Mayo

Agua fresca, which translates literally to “fresh water” in Spanish, is one of my family’s favorite drinks during the hot months of summer. Light and refreshing, agua fresca is sold by street vendors in Mexico and all over Latin America and are just the thing for Cinco de Mayo celebrations. While this is a perfect summertime, non-alcoholic refreshment, if you choose to mix this with your favorite adult beverage, I won’t tell.

‘Rapid Response’ event employed locals

NyE Communities Coalition’s (NCC) One-Stop Manager Tim Wigchers called the event a total success.

1 246 247 248 249 250 285