71°F
weather icon Windy

Community

Car scams: Some you see and some you don’t

Remember when every used car on the lot “was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church and back each Sunday?” The biggest frauds were turning back the odometer so 140,000 miles magically became 40,000 miles — and tossing out that little old lady story.

Local authors gather for talks,music and food

The Pahrump Community Library will host an extravaganza for local authors from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow at the library.

New pot laws: Cashing in isn’t easy or cheap

here is no doubt about it — medical marijuana is legal in the state of Nevada.

THE LATEST
Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

Fiber Arts Show Schedule

The annual Fiber Arts Show is set for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1261 E. Calvada Blvd. in the old Skate Zone buiding.

Taking stock of stocking the pantry

Whenever I read about frugality, I find a lot about what “not” to buy. Well, I’m going to tell you what you should buy. This is what to stock up on when it goes on sale. If you can budget a few dollars each month for stocking up on sale items it will save you a bundle in the long run. Here are some of the goodies no Diva pantry should be without.

There really is power in numbers

The Pahrump Valley Museum held another lecture in the series with guest speaker Thomas H. Husted, CEO for Valley Electric Association. The presentation room was almost filled to capacity with individuals interested in the history of the cooperative’s struggle to bring electrical power to the rural areas of southwestern Nevada.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $21 million.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Feb. 24 – Feb. 28

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $20 million.

1 255 256 257 258 259 285