65°F
weather icon Cloudy

Community

Overnight Oatmeal – Power Packed for Pennies

When it comes to cheap eats, it doesn’t get more frugal and fabulous than oatmeal. It’s a whole grain, packed with fiber and nutrients, the taste can be changed with endless variations, and it costs pennies per serving.

Times are changing, so are the people

My birth certificate can’t be right. I don’t feel the “number” that describes me relative to age.

Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

DVNP hosts MarsFest this weekend

Death Valley National Park will host the third annual MarsFest this weekend, March 28-30 at the Furnace Creek Visitors’ Center.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $39 million.

THE LATEST
School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of March 31 – April 4

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $38 million.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $36 million.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of March 24 – March 28

Some romance scams leave a dead body behind

There are incoming FightFraudAmerica.com cases that I certainly feel bad about, but my gut reaction is “this guy is too stupid to breathe.” Another level of complaints gets a “Wow. Clever hoax, but it doesn’t surprise me people fall for it.” And then there’s that third level, the ones that still bring a tear to my eye and cause me to question how long I can continue in this line of work before the dam breaks.

Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

Make use of an herb garden for now and later

Spring has sprung! For your culinary enjoyment you don’t get more bang for the buck than planting an herb garden. Have you seen how expensive a little bundle of fresh basil or dill is at the grocery store? It’s crazy!

1 251 252 253 254 255 285