64°F
weather icon Clear

Community

Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

DIVAS ON A DIME: Now let’s talk turkey stock

Don’t throw that turkey frame away! (I say frame because I don’t think the word “carcass” is remotely appetizing). There are those who see treasure where others see trash and I see potential meals where others see, well, trash.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $39 million.

Support Meetings

Gamblers Anonymous

THE LATEST
The metamorphosis of mealtimes

You can just about taste it now.

Native American culture on display at annual Inter-tribal Powwow

For the next three days, Petrack Park will be awash in Native American culture, food and tradition as the 15th annual Pahrump Inter-Tribal Social Powwow gets underway.

Shadow Mountain Community Players ring in holiday season

Starting off the holiday season the Shadow Mountain Community Players will present “Meet St. Nicholas,” by Karen Asbrand, on Friday, Dec. 6 at 7 p.m., a matinee on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 2 p.m. and an evening performance on Dec 7 at 7 p.m.

Local church presents NCSD, Food For Thought program donations

One local church was able to donate $2,500 to the Nye County School District and Food for Thought program this week to help provide disadvantaged children with some of the basic necessities that many often take for granted.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $37 million.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Nov. 25 – 29:

1 267 268 269 270 271 285