58°F
weather icon Clear

Community

GIVING THANKS: Holiday Task Force still seeking donations for community meal

Thanksgiving in America is a time for family and friendship gatherings and holiday meals; a time of turkeys, stuffing and pumpkin pie. A time for Indian corn and gourds on the doorstep and people helping others share a warm meal and good company.

Foster youth make changes to law

Not many kids can say that before they turned 20, they had a hand in writing and lobbying to ensure passage of two state laws.

THE LATEST
California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $31 million.

Support Meetings

Gamblers Anonymous

Frozen assets: The gift you give yourself

Nothing is better than coming home after a long day to a house that smells of home cooked love. Anticipating the upcoming holiday crazy crush, I’m giving myself a gift and invite you to join me.

Last museum lecture Saturday

The Pahrump Valley Museum and Historical Society will host its last lecture for 2013 at 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013 with Dora McKeever.

DVNP fees waived for Vets Day, new campgrounds open

The National Park Service will commemorate Veterans Day, Nov. 9-11, by waiving entrance fees to Death Valley National Park. Now that the weather has cooled down, you can enjoy being outdoors again in most areas of the park.

Military honoree has vivid memories of World War II

Pauline Pavlick heard about the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1943, and at 20 years old, she enlisted in the U.S. Navy. Today, she is 93, lives in Pahrump, and is about to be honored at the first-ever recognition of women veterans in the whole of the United States. Local research indicates there has never before been an honoring of women veterans in all branches of the service at one ceremony, according to Town Board member, Dr. Tom Waters.

WOMEN ARE ‘PROUD TO SERVE’: Unique ceremony first to honor women veterans

omen have long served in our military, although not in the same capacity as they do in the present. This year, Pahrump is standing up for military women with local recognition but a first for the nation.

Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Nov. 11 – Nov. 15:

1 269 270 271 272 273 285