67°F
weather icon Mostly Cloudy

Community

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $29 million.

Support Meetings

Gamblers Anonymous

‘Losing to Win’ great fluff

It’s always in the last place you looked.

THE LATEST
California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $27 million.

Pick a hunting dog based on attributes

It’s the season to celebrate our canine hunting companions as the quail, chukar, pheasant and waterfowl season is upon us.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Nov. 4 – Nov. 8:

A not-so-shortcut through Death Valley

FURNACE CREEK, Calif. — After the Donner Party perished in the Sierra Nevadas en route to the California gold rush, pioneers waiting in Salt Lake City to make the trip in October 1849, heard about a southerly route, the Old Spanish Trail, to avoid the harsh winter.

DEATH VALLEY CELEBRATES: Annual 49ers Encampment Nov. 6-10

FURNACE CREEK, Calif. — The cooler months are the best time to visit Death Valley National Park and the week of the 64th annual 49ers Encampment, which lasts Wednesday through Saturday, is a prime opportunity to learn about the history of the largest national park in the lower 48 states or just enjoy the artistic entertainment.

Old West Days, history talks, and art show in Shoshone

Every year Shoshone Village honors the heritage of the area by bringing together history enthusiasts, cultural reminders, vendors, arts and crafts, food, live music, tours and a host of other festivities in the Old West Days event.

Attention coffee drinkers, you’ll thank me later

Do you use coffee creamer every day to flavor your coffee? Right now, I want you to go look at the ingredient list. I’ll wait… See? I know, right? Partially hydrogenated this and syrup solids that. Our bodies have no idea what to do with that stuff because it isn’t food.

Med Return project gets drugs off the street

Disposal of unused or expired medications is not simple or safe if the solution is flushing it down the commode or putting it in the trash.

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $25 million.

Senior news

Pahrump Senior Center

1 270 271 272 273 274 285