71°F
weather icon Clear

Community

A diva’s secret to the best Thanksgiving turkey ever

You know what I want for Thanksgiving? A succulent, extra juicy, flavorful turkey. Oh, and when I bring the beautiful bird to the table, it would be really nice if all the people would gasp, ooh and aah and when they taste the turkey I’d like them to burst into spontaneous applause. You too? Then let’s do this Diva style. We’re going to brine our turkey!

Senior News

Pahrump Senior Center

Local car enthusiast competes at Spring Mountain

Promoter Jim McIlvaine considered it the greatest turnout ever for the past six years.

THE LATEST
Support Meetings

Gamblers Anonymous

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $35 million.

School Menu

Nye County School District elementary menu for the week of Nov. 18 – Nov. 22:

California Lottery

No one matched all five numbers and the mega number in Wednesday’s drawing of the California Super Lotto. The next jackpot will be at least $33 million.

Students at local school honor veterans

J.G. Johnson Elementary School celebrated Veterans Day on Friday afternoon with songs, poems and good food to honor the local veterans of the community.

The next big thing in little food

I’m a Foodie with a capital F. Actually all the letters should be capitalized but then it would read like I was shouting “FOODIE” at you, which I am not. That would be rude. But in my food obsession I love to watch the trends.

Nathan Adelson gala set for Dec. 7

Nathan Adelson Hospice is getting ready for its largest fundraiser of the year. The ninth annual Festival of Trees and Gala is set for Dec. 7 at Mountain Falls but tickets are on sale now.

Annual wagon train runs Shoshone to Pahrump

If you happened to be at the south end of town, towards the end of Homestead Road last Friday afternoon about 1 p.m. you may have seen a wagon train right out of the old West. The Equestrian Trails Corral 14 Western Wagons Group was hosting a Shoshone to Pahrump wagon train drive.

1 268 269 270 271 272 285