100°F
weather icon Partly Cloudy

Dog’s bark alerts Beatty family to fire

Beatty resident Kristy Turner said that her family of four was sound asleep early Friday morning, Feb. 10, when the barking of their dog, Calypso, woke them up.

The dog very well may have saved their lives. The cause of the dog’s barking was a fire in the porch area of the mobile home in space 11 of the Schultz rental park.

The Beatty Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire shortly after 4 a.m., knocking it down quickly. Chief Mike Harmon said the family was lucky that they had caught it early.

The cause of the fire was not immediately determined, but Harmon said it appeared to have started in a bush near the porch.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST
Senior Menus

Pahrump Senior Center

Little League raising funds to send teams to districts

It’s an honor to be selected to play on an all-star baseball team that will compete in a district tournament, but there’s a lot more to it than just showing up at a field with a glove.

Senior Menus

Pahrump Senior Center

Senior Menus

Pahrump Senior Center