It’s time again for the Shadow Mountain Community Players to stage its fall dinner theater.
On tap for an interactive murder mystery is “Dead to the Last Drop,” by Ken Jones. The play is scheduled for two consecutive weekends, Aug. 16 and 17, and again Aug. 23 and 24 at Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church on Gamebird Road.
The murder takes place in “Cafe Caffeine.” The press release describes the plot as “a crazy cast of characters who lead the audience through a convoluted maze of misdirection, misdeeds and malarkey.
“Opportunities for audience participation abound. They can catch the characters in their own lies and finally bring everything to a head when the audience votes for how they want the story to end.
“There are four possible killers and four possible endings.”
The doors will open at 6 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the Pahrump Community Library and at the door. The cost is $15 and includes an Italian dinner.
Call 727-6145 for additional information.
• This Saturday’s Movie in the Park is “The Avengers.”
Concessions are available and sales benefit Trojan sports, so please leave the coolers at home.
Bring blankets or chairs. The event begins at dusk and is tobacco, drug and alcohol free.
• The Poetry & Coffee Group will meet from 10 a.m. to noon at Off 160 Coffee House to read original poetry alternating with readings from the great poets. There will also be music and song.
Call 537-7066 for more information.
• Saturday is also when parents and students can attend the Back-to-School Health Fair from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Desert View Hospital parking lot.
There will be school supplies, hot dogs for attendees, games and face-painting for the kids and information booths. Mercy Air and Pahrump Valley Fire and Rescue will be there as well.
No-cost immunizations, vision checks and dental screenings will also be available.
• Sunday is a free swim day at the Pahrump Community Pool. The event is open to everyone from noon to 7 p.m. and is sponsored by NyE Communities Coalition.
Into the week
Don’t forget the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Master Gardener “Grow Your Own” classes from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Mondays.
The class for Aug. 12 is “Urban Organic Farming.”
All classes are held in the UNCE offices at the corner of Calvada Boulevard and Dandelion Street.
The cost is $10 per class. Call Debby Woodland at 727-5532 for more information.
• A new art exhibit from seven local artists is on display at the Pahrump Art Gallery, 601 East St.
The hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The exhibit will be up until the end of September.