This weekend is a full calendar for both young and adult.
Sanders Family Winery kicks off the weekend with “Adventure in Time,” a Broadway-style musical performance by Lynn Peterson and the Phatt Kattz.
The show will feature music from the Roaring 20s, the war and big band era, doo-wop and the beginnings of rock and roll.
Tickets are $15 and the doors open at 6 p.m. Show starts around 7:30 p.m.
• The Maverick Saloon & Dance Hall is catering to both young and old this weekend.
Dave Yoder will perform at 8 p.m. Friday but Saturday is reserved for metal mongers.
Three bands, Wax Pig Melting, Odd Ones Out and The Wretched Sould Kids will perform beginning at 8 p.m.
• Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge will host a night hike Saturday beginning at 8 p.m.
The guided hike will educate attendees on subjects of nocturnal animals and how they have become “experts at life after dark.”
Reservations are a must. Call 775-240-9173 to participate.
• The Saturday “movie in the park” will be Hotel Transylvania.
The show begins at dusk in Ian Deutch Memorial Park.
Attendees are asked to bring chairs or blankets and leave the coolers at home. Concessions will be available and proceeds benefit Trojan sports.
As always, the event is alcohol, tobacco and drug free.
•The Nevada Commission on Tourism has been holding a voting contest to select a “Nevada Treasure” from each of six “territories.”
Voting has been narrowed to the top two in each territory. Pahrump is in the Nevada Silver Trails territory and the top two contenders are Belmont Courthouse and Pahrump Valley Winery. Voting ends at 5 p.m. today.
Go to travelnevada.org and click on “vote now” to pick your favorite.
• Make plans to attend the Shadow Mountain Community Player’s murder mystery dinner theater scheduled for Aug. 16, 17, 23 and 24 at Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church.
The play will be “Dead to the Last Drop.”
Carlton McCaslin said the show is “outrageous” and takes place in “Cafe Caffeine.”
Audience participation is a must and viewers will vote for the culprit in the whodunit.
Tickets are $15 and available at Pahrump Community Library and at the door. The price includes an Italian dinner.
• Cup of Faith Christian Bookstore is closing its doors and liquidating the remaining inventory and store fixtures beginning Monday. The store is on Frontage Road across from Albertson’s.
• The High Desert Chorale will lose its conductor. Andrew and Linna Barnum will be leaving Pahrump.
Barnum directed the choir for 10 years and the Pahrump Arts Council is seeking a replacement. If you are interested contact PAC at 751-6676.