58°F
weather icon Cloudy

Community

There’s hope for those in mourning

GriefShare to host upcoming seminars, Celebration of Life

DAN SIMMONS: Our hunting heritage, culture and traditions

While attending a recent Fraternity of the Desert Bighorn banquet I was reminded of our outdoor traditions. I’m seeing an increasing number of youth, with their parents, at these functions.

THE LATEST
PHOTOS: Blessed be the pets

“The relationship people have with their pets is essential, and the church recognizes that,” said Father John McClatchy of St. Martin’s in the Desert Episcopal Church, one of three priests who performed blessings there this weekend for animals and their owners.

Vonnie Gray awarded Beatty ‘Good Citizen’

Gray was instrumental in the establishment of the Beatty Museum and Historical Society and served on the museum’s board of directors.

B-I-N-G-O: Event marks return of fundraisers at Hafen Elementary

Several dozen families participated in the event which provided numerous prizes for players, according to Tanya Carson, who served as the main organizer of the Sept. 16 event.

Mexican earthquake sloshes 4-foot waves at Devils Hole

In a surprising quirk of geology, Monday’s magnitude 7.6 earthquake in Mexico triggered 4-foot-tall waves in Devils Hole, a detached unit of Death Valley National Park in Nye County’s Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge.

SEE PHOTOS: CASA Luau breaks fundraising record

“This was our best ever luau, netting over $20,000,” CASA Executive Director Kathie McKenna said of the annual fundraising event.

What to expect at this year’s Pahrump Fall Festival

The 57th Annual Fall Festival kicks off Thursday, Sept. 22 and Petrack Park will soon be inundated with thousands of people, both locals and tourists alike, for what is absolutely one of the most anticipated events of the year.

1 5 6 7 8 9 285